The Opening Balance of the current financial year would be shown here. These opening balances should be equal to make the Trail Report Balance. The Amount of Opening Balance could be Debit or Credit. These opening balances would affect all the subsequent Voucher Entries and Reports.
- Here user can set the Debit/Credit Opening amount of each Account.
- Only Transactional chart of accounts would be shown here.
- The opening value of an account could be either Debit or Credit.
- On year closing, the Debit/Credit closing amount from last year would be transferred to the new opened year.
- Double click or Search an Account to add its Opening Debit/Credit Value.
- Once the account information is popped up in the upper portion and adding its Debit/Credit Value, press ‘Update’ to make its effect in the G/L.
- Before exiting, please make sure that the Total (Dr.) and Total (Cr.) should be equal.
This is the Account Code of a Transactional Account from Chart of Accounts list for which you need to enter its opening Debit or Credit amount. Either search it from the lookup button or populate it by double clicking an account from the accounts list.
On selecting an account code, its detail would appear in this field.
This is the opening Debit amount for the selected Account. If the Opening Balance of an account is on Debit side then enter the amount in this field. Either Debit or Credit can be filled.
This is the opening Credit amount for the selected Account. If the Opening Balance of an account is on Credit side then enter the amount in this field. Either Debit or Credit can be filled.
This accounts list shows complete opening Debit/Credit values of each of the account along-with its Title. To change a value, just double click an account and change its Debit/Credit value but make sure that the Totals of Debit and Credit side should match.
This is total of the opening debit side of all the transactional accounts. This value should be equal to the total opening credit to get the accurate results of reporting.
This is total of the opening credit side of all the transactional accounts. This value should be equal to the total opening debit to get the accurate results of reporting.